Our Board Technology
Our patented process allows us to create boards like no one else. Unlike the boards you see that chip and ding easily and suck up water with their foam cores, thermoplastic composites are more durable, without sacrificing weight or performance. Our boards have faster manufacturing cycle time, require less labor, and have a process and product with a smaller environmental footprint.
TCT CONSTRUCTION — THERMAL COMPOSITE TECHNOLOGY
- Increases impact resistance by replacing the epoxy resin typically infused into the woven fiberglass with our thermoplastic resin. This sounds simple, but it takes a very controlled high-temperature process to successfully achieve.
- Stiff and strong, so the ride feels just like an epoxy board.
- Foam is injected into the hollow single-piece fiberglass skin and mechanically locks to the interior surface. (We can’t really tell you much more about this step.)
H-TCT -HOLLOW COMPOSITE TECHNOLOGY
The next step in the Ridewell technology
This new step in the evolution of our board technology uses the same durable skin found in TCT boards, but sandwiches it and leaves the core hollow.
- Like most hollow boards, H-TCT boards are lighter.
- Our H-TCT boards are initially formed in a single hollow shape, which results in a board with lapped fiberglass seams and greatly diminished potential for leaks (versus tradition technologies).
- The flex provided by our patented technology means that a H-TCT board can deflect more impact than a solid board.
- The added flexibility means a H-TCT board can handle temperature and internal pressure changes much better than a traditional hollow board. It flexes!
- The added buoyancy of the H-TCT board means that the same shape rides higher in the water and can hold more weight than traditional hollow boards.