WE ADVISE YOU TO REFRAIN FROM ABUSING RIDEWELL BOARDS ON PURPOSE
REFRAIN FROM ABUSING RIDEWELL BOARDS ON PURPOSE
Ridewell paddle boards are extremely durable, and we understand that some people will take this as a challenge to test out.
Okay, maybe you “could” run these over with a car and they will still float, but it won’t come out as the beautiful board you purchased. Although they will not sustain damage to the extent that an epoxy board would, these boards are still made of fiberglass, so they can still be dinged!
In order for your Ridewell board to last as long as possible please:
- Treat it like you would any other fiberglass/epoxy board.
- Keep the board out of extreme heat and sunlight when not in use. Board material has a shortened lifespan if left in the sun for extended periods.
- Clean the board with a normal household cleaning product when necessary. Most marks on the rail from your paddle should be removable.
- For ding/puncture repair:
- For small repairs: This printer friendly PDF explains how to repair your Ridewell paddle board. We suggest watching the video below first and then reading the pdf. Print pages 2-3 for a printer friendly version to save ink.
- Repairs on our boards differ from traditional epoxy repairs, which will not work on our boards. You will find that our repairs are a lot easier and a lot less jarring than epoxy repairs. The repair process is very similar to the Ptex ski/snowboard repair. Just make sure you use polypropylene plastic for your repairs, not polyethylene used for snowboards and skis.
- Here is a link to purchase the size rod that is needed. Since gashes tend to be small, a 3/8 width rod should be enough for several repairs.
- For large repairs: Repairs that are too large for the welding technique or need fiber reinforcement should use West System G-Flex Plastic Boat Repair Kits described HERE. These kits are also available on Amazon, make sure you get the kit designated for plastic repair and follow the instructions inside for polyethelyne plastic repair.
Ridewell guarantees that its products will be free of any materials or workmanship defects on arrival at the customer’s location (except for shipping damage. It is the responsibility of the customer to inspect the product on arrival and refuse the shipment if it is damaged from shipping). Damage due to the use of a Ridewell board is not covered in any way. If there is a workmanship issue, Ridewell will repair or replace the product at our discretion. The owner pays shipping to and from Ridewell if it is necessary to send the board to us for evaluation and/or repair.